Jan Marcason was elected to represent the Fourth District of the City of Kansas City, Missouri in March 2007. As her first term ends and another election campaign goes into full swing, she proudly looks back on some of her accomplishments:
- As vice chairman of the Finance Committee, Jan helped to develop a structurally balanced city budget during difficult economic times.
- Jan oversaw the creation and submission of the City’s sewage overflow plan which was approved by the Environmental Protection Agency. The quality of Kansas City’s green engineering solutions earned Kansas City the longest implementation time frame of any other municipality (25 years).
- Jan successfully developed a consumer protection and residential preservation plan related to controlling the number of pay day loan businesses in our neighborhoods.
- As a member of the National League of Cities Energy, Environment and Natural Resources Public Policy Committee, Jan testified before the US House of Representatives subcommittee on water resources about Kansas City’s sewage overflow control plan.
- Jan’s leadership was recognized in her recent election to the board of Missouri Municipal League.
Jan is endorsed in the 2011 City Council elections by:
- Citizens Association
- KC Pride
- Sierra Club
- Taxpayers Unlimited
- Building and Constructions Trade Union
- Carpenters Union
- KC BIZ Pac of the Chamber of Commerce
- Westport Landing Democratic Club
- Freedom, Inc.
- Women's Political Caucus